Welcome to Hanging Rock Media
Hanging Rock Media was launched in 2007 to fill a growing niche in marketing communications: Clear and concisely written marketing material, without the annoying PR fluff. Conventional PR writing is awful, full of long-winded and boring quotes. It is utterly non-newsy and makes no sense. New Zealanders like myself and the Brits as well call this "twaddle" and most clients suck this up out of a sense that no alternatives exist. But we journalists hate twaddle and more businesses, nonprofit groups and universities are turning to journalists with PR skills for help. They charge less than fancy, water-front agencies and produce quicker and better results.
Our main services include:
- The writing and editing of any external and internal communications (i.e. manuals, newsletters, alumni magazines, brochures, client and employee magazines)
- Writing newsy and punchy press releases to alert journalists, editors and your clients of new products and developments
- To the Point and Journalistic Media Outreach (i.e. pitching appropriate and relevant national, local and international media) to help make you and your company appear sexy to the discerning media
- Ghost writing and editing fiction and non-fiction books (we cover books for CEOs, entrepreneurs, professors and first-time authors)
- Ghost writing personal essays/editorials for the national media (think Newsweek's My Turn column and the Wall Street Journal's editorial page) to help establish you as the expert and get your name in the news